Who’s addicted to coca cola? Or Pepsi? Or Sprite? *raises hand* It’s been a problem for me since I was twenty-four years old. I love the taste and feel of the cold carbonation combined with the sweetness. I know I am not the only one. But it’s not the healthiest thing for so many people. The high fructose corn syrup and the caffeine is something that I don’t think is healthy to have on a regular basis. But then I saw something on Pheobe Tonkin’s Instagram. La Croix. I looked them up on their website (which is very informative) and I suddenly felt I had to try it. If I could find a healthier alternative to soda, I’m fucking going for it. If you’re in Sussex County in New Jersey, you can be happy to know they have it available in Shoprite. I thought it was going to be a lot harder to find than it was.
P R O D U C T ● F A C T S
- Rather than using things like high fructose corn syrup and other unhealthy flavourings, La Croix uses essence oils that are taken from the fruit they are choosing to flavour the drink with. All natural essence oils that is.
- La Croix beverages are less acidic in comparison to most conventional soft drinks that you would buy. The PH level will vary depending on flavour.
- La Croix is completely gluten-free
- La Croix is completely non-gmo
- La Croix is unique in the fact that it is sparkling carbonated water. Older and common brands we have seen in the supermarkets often contains sodium. But La Croix is sodium-free.
- La Croix is an American company with American-sourced ingredients.
- La Croix is completely vegan.
Personal ● Lifestyle Changes
If you haven’t been following me, I haven’t lead the most healthy lifestyle regarding food and beverage since the age of twenty-four. My husband and I started eating out on a regular basis and drinking so much more soda than we did when we had lived in our studio apartment back in the day. I’ve been used to drinking things like Coca Cola, Pepsi, Snapple, Vitamin Water, Coffee with a massive amount of sugary creamer, and a lot of processed food. When I first had La Croix for the first time, I was disappointed. It smelled amazing. But I tasted nothing. I expressed my disappointment to someone I had worked with who also happened to be a health nut. She told me something that made a lot of sense. She told me that because of the fact that because I have been so used to eating and drinking things with high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, refined sugar, and artificial sweeteners, I wasn’t able to enjoy things that had more natural flavours and things that were more subtle. Think of it this way. After eating something like Smarties for a snack or dessert for a number of years, something like grapes or apples is not going to be as exciting. That’s what’s been happening with me. My friend reassured me that after cutting out all the beverages I have been drinking and starting to make more home cooked meals that I would start to see the difference with products like La Croix.
Think of it this way. After eating something like Smarties for a snack or dessert for a number of years, something like grapes or apples is not going to be as exciting. That’s what’s been happening with me. My friend reassured me that after cutting out all the beverages I have been drinking and starting to make more home cooked meals that I would start to see the difference with products like La Croix. Starting new healthy habits isn’t easy. It takes time. Just remember that when you’re looking for more healthy alternatives. It’s boring at first. But over time, you’re body with thank you.